Fantastic Photos



There is nothing like a fantastic photo to inspire a layout. This is one of my Great Aunt and Uncle on their wedding day. The journaling is below.



This picture was taken June 23, 1945 at Copley Plaza in Boston, Massachusetts. It features Aunt Jane tossing her bouquet after marrying Uncle Bob. Bob’s six siblings and his mother are gathered around them watching the event. At first glance it seems to be just a typical wedding photo but it captures such an incredible moment in U.S. history. Your eye is first drawn to the vintage wedding gown, the hats on the ladies, the china, the lighting fixtures, the curtains and Trinity Church seen through the window in the background. But if you look closely you will see a family who is overjoyed that World War II is drawing to a close and who feels incredibly blessed to be together once again. From the left to the right: my Great Uncle James Tilley, my Great Aunt Elizabeth Tilley, my Great Uncle John (Jack) Tilley in his Marine uniform, my Great Uncle George Tilley (a former POW from the Battle of the Bulge) in his Army uniform, My Great Aunt Jane, my Great Uncle Robert (Bob) Tilley in his Navy uniform, my Great Grandmother Elizabeth Kenny Tilley, my Dads father and my Great Grandfather Arthur Tilley Sr., and my Great Aunt Alice Tilley. Journaling by Nicole Keller July 4, 2008

No comments: